||ERATV Help System
View Vehicle Type Details
The ERATV application allows the general public to view published vehicle types.
The vehicle type details are contained in one form to make it easier to print and/or
Each vehicle type record contains all the information about that type and the authorisations
that have been granted to it by all the member states, provided that these are published by
The Vehicle Type's Historical Records List
is also available by selecting the "History of Changes" tab shown in the
Vehicle Type History Tab
The form is divided into sections:
- Section 1. General information about the Vehicle type.
- Section 2. Conformity of Vehicle type with TSIs.
- Section 3. Details for each authorisation granted to the vehicle type.
- Section 4. Technical Characteristics for the vehicle type.
Section 4. This section contains a list of all the technical
characteristics of the vehicle type. Only technical characteristics for which
the NSA has provided values will be presented in this section. The list of
possible technical characteristics can change over time based on European
Legistlation. The current list of technical characteristics are described the
- Section 1. General Information
- 0. Identification of the Vehicle
- 0.1 0.2 Type / Version ID. The ID and the version of this
Vehicle type. This number should not change for this vehicle type
- 0.3 Date of record. The date this record was published
- 1. General Information
- 1.1 Type name. The name of the vehicle type as it was provided
by the NSAs
- 1.2 Alternative Name. An alternative name for the vehicle type.
- 1.3 Manufacturer Name. The name of the manufacturer of the
- 1.4 Platform. The platform of the vehicle type
- 1.5 Category. The category of the vehicle type
- 1.6 Sub Category. The sub category of the vehicle type.
- Section 2. Conformity with TSI
- 2.1 Conformity with TSI and Sections not complied with. This
holds the TSIs which the vehicle type conforms with. A vehicle may conform fully
or partially with the TSI. In the later case the sections that are not complied
with will also be listed under the TSI heading. This field can be repeated for
each configuration that exists for the vehicle type.
- 2.3 Applicable specific cases. The specific cases per TSI that
are applicable to the vehicle type. These cases are defined per TSI per
configuration similarly to 2.1
- 2.2 References of 'EC Type Examination Certificates'. These are
the references of ‘EC type examination certificates’ - if module SB applied -
and/or ‘design verification certificate’ - if module SH1 applied. This field can
contain multiple values.
- Section 3. Authorisations. This section holds information about
each authorisation. Each country authorising this vehicle type will have a
seperate sub section in section 3, for example the first country will have
section 3.1 the second 3.2 and so on. For clarity only one section will be
described here with codes 3.1
- Country Name. The name of the member state that has provided this authorisation.
The code for this field does not appear and the value of the field appears as
the sub section heading.
- Current Status. This is the current status of the authorisation. This is a
section heading for clarity and does not appear in the form. The codes that
appear in the following fields might not correspond directly with the codes
displayed in the ERATV application. The current status is determined by the
latest modification and as such the codes presented might be those of the latest
- 220.127.116.11 Status. The current status of the authorisation. Possible
- 18.104.22.168 Validity of Authorisation. The date that this
authorisation will expire if one was provided by the authorising NSA
- 22.214.171.124 Coded restrictions. The coded restrictions of the
authorisation (if provided). These are specified per configuration.
- 126.96.36.199 Non coded restrictions. The non coded restrictions of
the authorisation (if any provided). These are specified per configuration.
- 188.8.131.52.1 Date of Authorisation. This is the date that the
authorisation was first enforced.
- 184.108.40.206.2 Authorisation Holder. This is the current holder of
- 220.127.116.11.3 Authorisation Document Reference. This is the EIN of
the authorisation in question.
- 18.104.22.168.4 National certificate references. This field can
contain multiple National Certificate reference numbers.
- 22.214.171.124.5 Parameters for which conformity to applicable national rules
has been assessed. These are the parameters which have been assessed
for conformity to national rules. This field can contain multiple values per
- 126.96.36.199.6 Comments. These are comments that have been provided
by the Authorising NSA.
- Historical Records.Historical authorisation records belonging appear
after the authorisation current status in collapsed panels. Each change to the
authorisation details will be recorded in one individual record in a panel. The first
registration will contain fields with codes 188.8.131.52, the second modification fields with
codes 184.108.40.206 and so on. This is not visible and is presented here for clarity purposes.
Each historical record can contain the same fields as those shown for the Authorisation
Current status sub section.
Commission Implementing Decision of 4 October 2011 on the European register of authorised types
of railway vehicles (notified under document C(2011) 6974) 8/10/2011.