||ERATV Help System
Step 2: Technical Characteristics
The technical characteristics step of the registration process contains numerous data fields that need to be populated. To
ease the fill-in process, these are divided in several section forms as seen in
the left hand menu shown in the following image. The section forms are:
Steps of registration process
Each technical characteristics form contains the parameters applicable to the section and a number of actions as described in Register new Vehicle Type help page
Each technical characteristic control contains the following items (see the following image):
Technical Characteristics control
- The parameter number and label.
- The mandatory flag: this flag denotes whether the parameter is mandatory. The
applicability of the parameter is calculated dynamically based on the selected values
in Step 1 page.
- A help text icon: clicking this icon will display a popup help text window.
- Field with values: this is the parameter field pre-populated with the selected/ entered
values. There are different controls that appear at this point according to the
type of the parameter. The possible controls are:
- Simple Text box for text or numeric value: for example, a parameter using this type is “4.10.2 Maximum power”.
- Three state drop down for Boolean fields: possible values are True/False/Not Specified. An example is parameter
“4.10.11 Automatic dropping device (ADD) fitted”.
- Single selection from a drop down list: example parameter of this type is “4.1.3.b Wheel set Gauge -Transformation method”.
- Single selection from a drop down list with large number of options or the option to specify a value (“Other (Specify)”):
this will be displayed as a selection dialog box as seen in the following image. Example parameter is “4.1.10 Structural category”.
Selection with custom entry
- Multiple selections from a list with a small number of options: this will be displayed as a list of checkboxes through
which the user makes one or more selections. Example parameter is “4.10.9 Type of OCL used”
- Multiple selections from a list with a large number of options and /or the option for the user to specify a value (“Other (Specify)”):
this will be displayed as a selection dialog box as seen in the previous image. Example parameter is “4.10.10 Material of pantograph contact strip”.
- Single or multiple selections from a selection dialog box with the option of providing additional data and / or the option for
the user to specify a value (“Other (Specify)”): this will be displayed as a selection dialog box as seen in the previous image. Example
parameter is “184.108.40.206 Class B or other train protection control and warning systems installed”.
- Action Icon: if the user is able to perform an action on the record, then an appropriate button will appear next to the field. The possible actions are:
- Add a new value in case the field accepts multiple values: this is denoted with a plus button.
Similarly it is possible to remove values by clicking the minus button if it
appears next to a value.
- Open the selection dialog box as shown previously: this can be achieved by
clicking the arrow button.