||ERATV Help System
Step 1 : General Information Step
The first step of the registration progress contains parameters that specify
the type and category of the Vehicle Type. These details are used to
dynamically determine the behaviour of later steps. Making changes to stored
values of this step will most likely remove invalid data from the next
This form will be displayed in any of the following cases:
- A new Vehicle Type is being registered. The form appears with all fields
- An saved Vehicle Type is being edited. This form will contain the
previously stored values. Please note that changing stored values in this
step may invalidate data further down the registration process.
- A published Vehicle Type is being modified. The form will contain the
previoursly stored values. Please note that changing stored values in this step
may invalidate data further down the registration process.
- A published Vehicle Type is being corrected. The form will contain the
previously stored values. Please note that changing stored values in this step may
invalidate data further down the registration process.
Step 1. General information step
This form contains the following fields:
- Country: (mandatory) automatically set to the MS of the
- Organisation: (mandatory) automatically set to the home
- Correspondent: (mandatory) automatically set to the
correspondent specified for the home NSA
- Type/Version ID: (optional) this is the ID of the
Vehicle Type. It can be reserved at this point. Alternatively, a
Type/Version ID will be allocated on publication. More details for the
Type/Version ID are presented in section 126.96.36.199.1.
- Type Version Authorised: this option denotes when the
Vehicle Type was originally registered. This field affects the
applicability of technical parameters for the Vehicle Type. This field has
the following options:
- Before 2010. This value is used for reference in shit version and
cannot be used. As such it is disabled at this point.
- After 2010
- After 2010 Exceptional Mode. This value is used to register vehicle
types that do not follow the EU legistlation. Selecting this option
will alter the technical characteristic applicabilities for the
remaining of the registration form.
- Exceptional mode: (mandatory depending on configuration)
this field is presented only when the “After 2010 Exceptional” option
from the previous field is selected. The user must select one value from
the list of available values.
- Registration Method: (mandatory) this is the main method
to register the Vehicle Type. For more information see section
Registration Methods help page.
- Platform: (mandatory depending on Registration method)
the platform of the new vehicle. Select a predefined value or click the
plus ( ) icon to create a new one. This field is either active and
mandatory or disabled, depending on the selected registration method.
- Registered Vehicle Type: this is a pre-existing vehicle
type which will be used to copy its details into this new Vehicle Type.
Vehicle Types of any status may be used for this action. This field is
either active and mandatory or disabled, depending on the selected
- Type name: (optional) this is the name of the Vehicle
- Alternative type name: (optional) this is an alternative
name of the Vehicle Type.
- Manufacturer: (mandatory) this is the manufacturer of
this Vehicle Type. Selection from a predefined list of manufacturers.
- Category: (mandatory) this is the category of the
Vehicle Type. Setting this option will filter the available options in the
subcategory field. The default available options are:
- Traction Vehicles
- Hauled Passenger Vehicles
- Freight wagons
- Special wagons
- Subcategory: (mandatory) this is the subcategory of the
registered Vehicle Type. This field is used to calculate the applicability
of technical parameters of the Vehicle Type. The default options (per
- Traction Vehicles
- Self-propelled passenger Trainset (incl. rail buses)
- Self-propelled freight Trainset
- Other (tramways, light rail vehicles, etc.)
- Hauled Passenger Vehicles
- Passenger coach (incl. sleeping cars, restaurant, etc.)
- Car carrier
- Vehicle for services (e.g. kitchen)
- Fixed rake of coaches
- Freight Wagons
- Freight wagon
- Fixed rake of freight wagons
- Special Wagons
- Self-propelled special vehicle
- Hauled special vehicle
- Number of Driving Cabs: (mandatory) this field specifies
the number of driving cabs a Vehicle Type contains and is used to determine
the applicability of the technical parameters of the Vehicle Type.
The user may perform any of the following actions from this form:
- Save As Draft: this button stores the provided
information in the ERATV database. Especially for this step, this option
also performs limited validation on the form. Any validation failures will
appear inline next to the problematic fields as shown in the following image. This
action is only available when the form is presented in editable mode.
- Save and Continue: stores and fully validates the
provided information. Step 2 in the registration progress is
‘unlocked’ and presented to the user. This action is only available when the form
is presented in editable mode.
- Cancel Changes: this option cancels any outstanding
changes and reloads the same form with the most recently saved data. This action
is only available when the form is presented in editable mode.
- Copy Registration: this button allows the user to copy
all the provided information to a new Vehicle Type. It becomes visible if
the user has stored the Vehicle Type at least once. For more information
see Copy Vehicle Type. This action is always available
regardless of the mode of the form (edit or view).
- Grant Permission for editing: by clicking this button
the user may grant access to the current Vehicle Type for an Auxiliary User
registered with the home NSA. The Auxiliary User will be able to login and
fill the technical details section for this Vehicle Type. For more
information see Grant permission for editing. This
action is only available when the form is presented in editable mode and only
before the vehicle is published i.e. during the initial registration of the
- Delete Registration: this action cancels the
registration. The registration status will be changed to ‘Cancelled’
and will be locked for editing. See Cancel Registration.
This action is only available when the form is presented in editable mode.
- Navigate between the steps of the registration form. This can
be achieved by clicking the required links from the left hand menu that appers
in all steps.
The data provided in Step 1 are required to determine how to proceed and
what to display in the remaining steps of the registration process. As such, a
validation must take place before proceeding to Step 2.