||ERATV Help System
The advanced search form allows any user to perform a complex search on the Authorisations
repository. The advanced search form is divided into 2 main sections as shown in the image
Advanced Search form
This section contains all the criteria that a user may populate to perform a search.
The following criteria are available (see following image):
Search Criteria Section
- Type/Version ID or name: the Type/Version ID or the name of the Vehicle Type
- Manufacturer: selection from the list of manufacturers
- Category: the category of the Vehicle Type
- Type Version Authorised: this can take one of the type version values:
- Before 2010
- After 2010
- After 2010 Exceptional
- Exceptional Mode: only visible if the Type Version Authorised is set to
“After 2010 Exceptional”: selection from a list of the available exceptional modes.
- Conformity with TSI (full or partial): selection from the list of available TSIs.
The conformity of the TSI (full or partial) is not taken under consideration
- Member States: the Member States where this Vehicle Type was registered. If more than one
are selected, then the search will look for Vehicle Types that are registered in any of the
selected Member States./li>
- Comments: External or Internal for all Authorisations for the same Member State as registered
in the home NSA
- Authorisation Status: the current status of the Authorisations (active, expired, suspended etc).
If a Vehicle Type contains one Authorisation with the specified status, then it will be returned
by the search.
- Data Status: the status of the record (draft, submitted, published, cancelled)
- Author: the user that registered the Authorisation
- Technical characteristics: a list of technical characteristics and their values (see
Technical Criteria specification)
- Last Updated (From – To): a time period within which this Authorisation was last modified. Providing
only the “From” date will return Authorisations that were updated after the specified date. Similarly
specifying the “To” date will return Vehicle Types that were updated up until that date.
- Sort By: this is the field that the results will be ordered by. Possible values are:
- Type/Version ID
- Type Name
- Last Updated
- Publication Status
- Sort Order: the sort order that will be applied to the sort field. Available values are ascending and descending.
The user can set any number of search criteria. When more than one criteria are
specified, the search action will return Authorisations that satisfy all the specified
After the search criteria have been set, the user may initiate the search action
by clicking the “Search” button. Alternatively, clicking the “Reset” button will
cause the search criteria section to be reverted back to the default status i.e.
all the search criteria values will be removed. Clicking the “Reset” button will
not affect the results section.
The technical characteristics criterion can contain value comparisons for any of
the technical characteristics. To set the criterion the user must click the arrow
icon next to the criterion (shown in the previous image). The popup that appears, shown
in the next image, allows the user to specify technical characteristics and their values
to search for. If more than one technical characteristics are represented, then
the system will look for Authorisations on Vehicle Types that satisfy all the filters
at the same time.
Technical Characteristics specification popup
The user may perform the following actions on this pop up:
- Add a filter.
- Remove a filter.
- Save the currently specified filters and continue the search specification.
- Close the Technical Characteristics filters popup, without updating the technical characteristics criterion.
When adding a filter, the user must specify the following information:
- Specify the Technical characteristic to search for: this is performed by typing the name of the characteristics.
The ERATV system will display recommendations that the user may select from, as shown in figure below.
Technical Characteristics suggestions
- Specify the comparison operator to be applied: the available operators for each technical characteristic depend
on the type of the selected technical characteristic. The operators are:
- Equals: an exact match is required.
- Greater than: a number that the value is greater than
- Greater or equal than: a number that the value is greater or equal than
- Less than: a number that the value is less than
- Less or equal than: a number that the value is less or equal than
- In range (From – To): two numbers that the value is between
- Contains: a string of characters that is contained within the value
- Specify the value to compare against: if the selected operator was the “In range”, then two values need to be specified.
An example of specified technical characteristics can be seen in the next figure.
Technical Characteristics example
In case the User selects to search Vehicle Types based on the “Type of end coupling” parameter, the system displays two additional optional search fields for “Compressive forces” and “Tensile forces”. These search fields expect decimal numbers in kN.
Technical Characteristics - Type of end coupling (indicating tensile and compressive forces) example
The results of the search actions are presented in the results section shown in Figure 72. The results are
presented in a table grid. The grid contains the following columns:
- Type / Version ID: this is the type version ID of the Vehicle Type. If one is not allocated, then the
internal ID will be presented instead. Such an example is visible in the first line of the next image.
- Type /Version Name: the name provided to the Vehicle Type
- Member States: the Member States that have provided an Authorisation for this VT
- Authorisation Status: the status of each Authorisation provided to the VT
- Data status: the data status of the VT
- Last update: the latest update of the VT
Results section and actions
- Manufacturer’s name: the name of the manufacturer that was provided when the VT was registered
- Organisation: the organisation that registered the VT
- Record Actions: the actions button allows the user to enter into the VT details as described in Vehicle Type Details form.
Additionally the user may perform the following actions on the search results
(see highlihgted sections in image above):
- Alter the page size: this will refresh the results grid and the number of pages will be adjusted accordingly.
- Export the results into a file: for more information see
Export Results Help Page.
- Navigate through the results pages.